Nov 25, 2010

Happy Day


Today was amazing. Such a happy day.

My roommates woke me up by singing to me with the guitar, such a beautiful voices with a good song - "He has made me glad"

It made me very happy to wake up like this.

Also I received a text message from a friend saying that Christmas is only a month away! =)

All of that with a good night sleep, made me feel happy and good since the moment I woke up.

And so the day started.Good mood. Had breakfast and coffee, got dressed and headed off to college.

I sent text messages to my friends wishing them a good day with a smiling face. I thought even if their day wasn't going good as mine, at least my surprise message would sure make it better and them happier. :)

Anyway, I have a 15 minutes walking to get to the bus station. So I decided to challenge myself to smile at every single person I will be meeting on the way.

The feeling I had was amazing. I passed by a big playground park, that was full of old people wandering. I stopped and watched them. They were so cute. It was like nothing ever could ruin my good mood. I had the feeling of wanting to help, wanting to make people happy. I didn't care to be late for my class.

I wanted to show people my mood and pass it on to them.

All the people looked worried. And by saying "all" I'm not exaggerating. They were unhappy, frowned and stressed. Some looked at me, but as my eyes caught theirs, they immediately looked away.

I knew smiling to people in this country will make me look crazy, but I didn't care :) I wanted to do this and see whether they'll smile back at me, be happy or do nothing.

I managed to smile at an old man who was sitting on a bench on the way. As I passed he looked at me and I smiled, and he smiled back happily. He felt good.

A woman I smiled to didn't know what to do and went confused thinking she knew me or something :)

A guy driving in his car waiting for the traffic light... He looked at me and I smiled. He was so happy. I think I made his day better :)

Then sitting at the station waiting for the bus, a guy was arguing with his friend about something, looked serious. I looked at him and he looked back, so I smiled... And he smiled very wildly.

It was great. And fun! 

The day ended with some good shopping! I bought so many new things... A bag, a dress, two shirts, shoes, a sweater... =) And also I got a gift for my friend!

Exciting!! =)

By the way, happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment