Aug 3, 2013

Back to School

The excitement! The nervousness! The happiness!

I got accepted to study Master's degree (LL.M.) specializing in Law and Health at the university of Haifa!

I couldn't be any happier when I heard the news. They waited for the last minute to tell me this, only 3 days before the program starts. 

I was just getting back from an amazing four days trip and even was sleeping when they called to announce me. I was so thrilled.

The program that I got accepted to, is what I had as a first priority on the application form. I wanted to work and specialize in that feild. Also, Haifa is the city that I always wanted to live at. I love Haifa! Maybe I will find a job there and live there as well, then it will be just perfect. 

I have classes only two days a week, every Thursday afternoon and Friday. I guess they took into account the fact that students for Masters probably have jobs and work during the week, so they made it an afternoon and a Friday when most people don't work. 

The attendance to the classes is required and there won't be any breaks during the studies, for the whole year. 

And... It costs ALOT! Not a normal university tuition. It has a specializing program to it, not just a degree. It costs three times the usual university tuition! I'll need to stop being a spendthrift for real!

Anyway, it was weird to get back to school. I felt like a kid getting excited for her first day at a new school. I was like who's going to be with me in class, will I make friends quickly, would there be someone I know, will my classmates be nice, how is it gonna be... etc. Especially because in this program we'll be approximately 20 students only.

However, it was a good feeling. 

The first day at school was good, but most of the students were friends with each other from before. I think I was the only one who came by herself. At the break I was left alone. I grabbed my phone and called someone just to seem busy. I thought it is not going to be easy to make friends if they have already friends. 

I saw a girl I knew before, that is going to be my classmate this year. She was with two other classmates when she came to say hello. At the break they just passed me by and didn't even invite me to sit with them although I was obviously by myself. 

It wasn't nice of her, but it's alright I thought, it would get better, it's just the first day's awkwardness.

So the next day was already better. I became friends with that girl and her friends and we all hung out. Also I got to meet my other classmates and they all seem like wonderful people. I am so lucky for even this worked out the best. :) 

I am truly grateful. Thanks to God. 

By the way, MA is so different than BA. It is so much harder. The teaching method is different and it requires a lot of reading, analizing and criticising. But again and always will say it, if others can do it, I can do it. Nothing is impossible. ;) 

2 comments: