Jul 30, 2014

StopTheWar

My goodness.

I will start this post with a quote by David Harris-Gershon:

"My empathy for the suffering in Gaza does not make me anti Semitic, nor pro-Hamas or anti-Israel. It makes me human."
Where is humanity? Are we human?

I just can't take it anymore. I don't talk about it but I held it for too long already. It is just unbearable. Stop the freaking war!!!!!!


I feel so sad and heartbroken. Everytime I hear the news I feel a sting in my heart.


The situation is very complicated I know, but this is not right, unfair. The numerous number of people killed already in Gaza is insane.


It seems as if we are not talking about human lives. The way they get bombed and shot in Gaza and the way they die, could be compared to anything but to human death. They don't even care to put names to those who die. 
We are just counting numbers. Seriously, what is this? It is a Massacre.   

I just watched a video of Al Jazeera footage of Shujayea district in Gaza (http://youtu.be/u9DHoN_n2VQ). I cried so much during the whole video.

The yelling and crying of women, children and men... The destruction, the fear, the hell they live in... It's just horrible. Plus, they have nowhere to run to!


For a sudden I imagined myself living there. What fault did these people have, to be living that way? Only being born there, having it their city, living in an open air prison. I didn't choose my hometown. I was born in an occupied territory already. I guess, I was just lucky. (!)


The war is yet ongoing. Been almost a month. Crazy. Almost two thousand dead already. I see sometimes on Facebook and Twitter posts of young people living there under the attack and it tears my heart. They literally wish to die than to see all the things they have to see. 


Right before the war started, on a weekend I was coming home to my family, some policemen were blocking the neighborhood street entrance, because there was a demonstration in the city, nearby, and they wanted less people involved. I told them I need to get in, to my house, which is right there, 70 meters away. The policemen yelled at me that it is dangerous and they can't let me in. I pulled out my ID to show them my address as a proof that I live right here, at this house, but one policeman came to my window, grabbed my ID, yelled that he doesn't care and threw it in my face! He said I needed to go right away otherwise he will give me a ticket. He looked at the others and said "you'all should start giving out tickets!" 


The policemen treated me very badly. They actually yelled at me and threw the ID in my face, while I was quiet and nice. They were full of anger. I felt I want to punch them. I had to go around and reach my home some other way. 


That situation made me think of the people in Gaza. If this is the way I am being treated here, then I can't imagine how they get to be treated there. It's a problem when one side is stronger. Much more stronger.


Gazans are trying to resist the blockage. I know it is not right what they do - the way they are dealing with it, and I don't justify it by any means, but I can understand where it comes from and why...


Some people asked me, "so what is the solution? If we don't fight it, they will keep firing rockets." I don't know what the solution is! Even the biggest politicians don't know. I only know that this has to stop and right now. For the sake of both sides. 


Stop the war! Pray for peace!


God have mercy...

No comments:

Post a Comment