Mar 19, 2012

What's Under the Bed?

Hey I wonder if anybody else had this or was it just me.

When I was a kid, I always had this phobia of what's under my bed. 

Every time had I turned off the lights and got in bed to sleep, I get myself all covered up and sleep exactly in the center of the bed. I had to be careful that all my body parts were covered but my head. 

I always imagined that there's something living under my bed that I can't see at day time or that comes only at night to live under my bed. Maybe a monster or a snake or whatever. 

I remember I wouldn't even dare to sleep with one arm or leg stretched out of the beds' edges; I thought if I sleep like that during the night, a monster might/will grab it! Maybe bite it or pull it down or I don't know. 

I didn't want that to happen. 

This scared me always. 

I guess maybe because it's a dark and an unseen place under there, and when I sleep, anything could happen - I can't see. (LOL)

Speaking of sleeping, I had also always slept on my stomach. I remember when I was little, the thought of sleeping on my back didn't feel safe; I imagined someone approaching me at night while sleeping and wanting to stab me or shoot me. I thought if it happens and I am sleeping on my back and my chest and stomach faced up like that it would be easier to kill me than doing so from the back. I thought it would be harder to do so from the back since it's harder and stronger. So it was safer for me to sleep on my stomach, keeping it covered.

Haha. And since then I got used to sleeping like that. I would never be able to fall asleep by laying on my back. I tried however, because I know it's healthier... But it didn't work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment